TESL 0100: Unit 2 Learner Profile


Learner Profile: Self-Analysis

An Image of the Yourself

Name: Etienne
Age: 26

Born and raised in Winnipeg, and proud of it!
I enjoy learning new languages and have studied Japanese, French, Spanish and Korean (Duolingo has been a huge help!) I also enjoy travelling and trying new foods.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Arts from the University of Manitoba, with a major in linguistics. I am proficient in Japanese at a JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) N2 level.
Role and Responsibilities
I currently work in retail, so some of my responsibilities include assisting customers, restocking product, taking inventory, mailing out customer orders and filing monthly sales reports.  
Digital Skills
Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, etc.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
I have experience working with youth in Canada and overseas in Japan. I have helped plan and lead various retreats and workshops for young people.
Motivation and Desires
I would like to gain new experience and insight on teaching English to not only young people but adults as well.
Goals and Expectations
I hope to teach English overseas once I obtain my TESL certification.
Obstacles to Success
At times I can be a terrible procrastinator!
Unique Assets
I work well independently and in group settings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TESL 0130: Unit 2 Reflection

TESL 0170 Practicum - Teaching Lesson 1 Reflection

TESL 0110 Lesson Plan