TESL 0120: Unit 2 Corrective Feedback on Segmentals Script

Unit 2: Corrective Feedback Script on Segmental /th/:

Teacher: After our activity, I noticed that we struggled with the sound /th/ in words such as /the/, /this/ and /their/. So I think this is a good time to practice making this sound! To start, I’d like everyone to place their tongue in between their teeth, just slightly. Now, I’d like everyone to try blowing air out of their mouth like this.

***After demonstrating this, students copy and blow air out of their mouth while sticking their tongue out.

Teacher: Looks like you’ve got the hang of it! That’s how you make the /th/ sound by itself. Now let’s try saying some simple words that begin /th/. Repeat after me. /the/.

Student: /za/. Did I say it correctly?

Teacher: Almost! When you make the /z/ sound you are putting your tongue behind your teeth. When you say the /th/ sound you need to have your tongue in between your teeth. Let’s try it again! Say /they/.

Student: /they/.


Teacher: Perfect! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TESL 0130: Unit 2 Reflection

TESL 0170 Practicum - Teaching Lesson 1 Reflection

TESL 0110 Lesson Plan